The Mission of the South Central Local Schools
The mission of the South Central Local Schools is to create a community of lifelong learners that will function as responsible, self-sufficient citizens of a global society.
The Vision of the South Central Local Schools
Our vision is to provide our students with an educational system that ensures:
- Exceptional academic growth for ALL students.
- College is an option for all students.
- The district is a model school district.
- All students receive high quality, 21st century instruction.
- The support of professional learning communities.
The Beliefs of the South Central Local Schools
We believe that:
- All students can learn and will be prepared for lifelong learning.
- Parent and community involvement are vital to student success.
- The higher the expectation, the greater the achievement.
- A positive, safe, and high quality learning environment is necessary.
- A highly qualified and skilled staff is intrinsic to the success of the educational community.
- It is vital to focus on student learning, not simply teaching.
- Excellence is achievable and worth investing all resources towards.
- Our students are our most important resources and should leave South Central prepared to meet the challenges of their future.